Enhanced Vehicle Delivery Procedures During The COVID 19 Emergency
Whilst we are operating under the UK Government COVID-19 restrictions, it is important to us at that our customers and colleagues remain 100% safe and well whilst we carry out the delivery of your vehicle. As a result, some of our normal practices have been adapted to make sure that at all times we fully adhere to the UK Government’s published safe social distancing guidelines by providing our Customers and Staff with a safe contact- free delivery & collection service. Should an on-site demonstration be required it can only be by appointment.
What to expect on the day your vehicle is delivered.
- We will call you to arrange a delivery date and time and then call you on arrival at your property. We will stand back more than 2 metres (6 foot) when the door is answered and unfortunately will not be able to shake your hand so please do not think we are being impolite!
- On arrival, we will establish where there is a suitable area to complete your vehicle handover. At all times our staff member will observe the 2 metres (6 foot) UK Government safe social distancing rules. Please also respect these rules during the handover.
- Our staff member will wear personal and protective equipment (gloves and a mask) at all times and we would ask that you and all those present also wear some form of protective equipment which could simply be gloves and a face scarf.
- Only those people who strictly need to attend the handover should do so.
- Our staff member delivering your vehicle will thoroughly disinfect all areas within your new vehicle considered high contact areas. These include all hard high use areas, steering wheel, gear lever, indicators, handbrake, interior and exterior door handles, window controls, seat adjustment controls, seat belt and buckles, rearview mirror and of course the keys. We will use antibacterial/anti-viral wipes or spray.
- Due to social distancing guidelines, we will not be able to demonstrate and test drive the features and controls of the base vehicle to you during the handover as we would normally do. Instead, we will demonstrate visually while observing a 2 metre distance at all times.
- A refresher demonstration of the conversion will be provided whilst observing the 2 metre rule. Our staff member will demonstrate how the wheelchair tie down, belts and any other equipment works in the vehicle. and then ask that the customer/ appointed carer demonstrate the process of safely securing the wheelchair in the vehicle. This will be done, as many times as required to ensure you are satisfied, confident and safe in the use of the vehicle. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS LIKELY TO RESULT IN HANDOVER TAKING AN EXTENDED PERIOD.
- The Motability Scheme process requires you to sign and date the PIN Authority Form to confirm that you accept the vehicle and are happy with its condition on delivery. This form will be either sent to you with a pr-paid return envelope or emailed prior to the delivery of your vehicle. We will give you the opportunity to inspect the vehicle and then sign the PIN Authority form and return it to us either by post or email. Our staff member will take a photograph of the PIN Authority form once completed. Non-Motability Customers will be passed the paperwork to sign in a plastic wallet, once signed our driver will take a photograph and ask you to return the signed paperwork in the pre-paid envelope provided.
- We will leave the keys and documentation for your new vehicle in an envelope which we can post through your letter box, we suggest you discard the envelope after opening. Alternatively, if agreed in advance, we will leave the documentation in a safe location as advised by you.
- If you have a part exchange or a vehicle to return, please make sure all personal belongings have been removed and that the following items are placed in an envelope within the vehicle:
- V5C (log book)
- MOT certificate
- Service history
- Vehicle handbook
- All keys
Rest assured we will undertake to complete the handover of your new vehicle in a safe, thorough and comprehensive manner. If you have any questions following the handover then please call us on 0345 608 8020.
Additional Handover Guidance for Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAV’s)
(How this information is conveyed is still to be finalised. Options include laminated step by step handouts by vehicle type and model and/or web-based information)
Your wheelchair accessible vehicle has specific features to assist in the safe entry and exit of an assisted passenger seated in their wheelchair.
Listed below are features included in many vehicles. These features (where installed) should be understood before carrying a wheelchair user passenger.
- Rear or side access doors
- A wheelchair ramp or lift
- Electric winch or loading assist
- Wheelchair restraints
- Wheelchair occupant safety belt
You are provided with written and pictorial guidance. Please read, understand and if possible, practice using these items before transporting a wheelchair passenger.
If you are unsure, please ring our customer assist helpline before transporting any wheelchair user passengers.
If you have any questions please contact us – 0345 608 8020.
ENHANCED DEMONSTRATION PROCEDURES DURING THE COVID 19 EMERGENCY.
Whilst we are operating under the UK Government COVID-19 restrictions, it is important to us at ………. WAV CONVERTER…….. that our customers and colleagues remain 100% safe and well whilst we carry out your vehicle demonstration. As a result, some of our normal practices have been adapted to make sure that all times we fully adhere to the UK Government’s published safe social distancing guidelines by providing our customers and staff with a safe contact-free demonstration service.
What to expect on the day your vehicle is delivered.
- We will call you to arrange a demonstration time and then call you on arrival at your property rather than knock on the door. We, unfortunately, will not be able to shake your hand so please do not think we are being impolite!
- On arrival, we will establish where there is a suitable area to complete your vehicle demonstration. At all times our demonstrator will observe the 2 metre (6 foot) UK Government safe social distancing rules. Please respect these rules throughout the demonstration.
- Our demonstrator will wear personal and protective equipment (gloves and a mask) at all times and we would ask that / will require all those present to also wear gloves and a mask. We will be happy to provide these if required. Only those people who strictly need to attend the demonstration should do so.
- On arrival at your property, our demonstrator will thoroughly disinfect all areas within the demonstration vehicle considered high contact areas. These include all hard high use areas, steering wheel, gear lever, indicators, handbrake, interior and exterior door handles, window controls, seat adjustment controls, seat belt, rearview mirror and of course the keys. We will use antibacterial/anti-viral wipes or spray.
- A test drive of the vehicle will be possible during this period but will have to be un-accompanied.
- A demonstration of the vehicle, the conversion and all additional equipment will be provided by one of our drivers with customers observing the demonstration from a safe distance.
- Detailed feature instructions will be provided to you on laminated wipe clean sheets to accompany the demonstration. These will explain how to operate all of the equipment including the wheelchair tie down and restraint system.
- A sample converters own wheelchair will be used for the demonstration.
- Customer will then be asked to demonstrate using the wheelchair users wheelchair to ensure correct and safe use of equipment, including attaching belts. Our demonstrator will observe from a safe distance.
- Our demonstration driver will be happy to repeat any instructions until you are satisfied and comfortable with all of the conversion equipment.
- You will not be asked to sign a demonstration report, it will be emailed/faxed/posted following driver return to base.
Please be assured we will undertake to complete your demonstration in a safe, thorough and comprehensive manner.